Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Like a Prayer

Me: I have Madonna in my head right now.

B:...Yeah, I tend to assume that's the case. You know...at baseline.


Later, Brandon presents his dinner, complete with cooking show style commentary. Imagine Top Chef/Iron Chef voices. Imagine Brandon performing all of the roles.

B: Tonight we have a trio of frozen veggie burgers, reheated and served with a trio of red sauces. I call this one "American ketchup." This, to add some flare, is sriracha chili sauce. And lastly, Johnny's hot sauce, made popular by the "barbecue chicken wing."
I appreciate the way his sauces bring out the different flavors of the veggie patties. Still, I would have liked to see a different shade of red. These reds are just so....red. And isn't the patty a little overdone? This beef is too...beefy. But it isn't beef!

Yup. It's possible the heat has gone to our heads.

1 comment:

twinsetellen said...

Maybe "American ketchup" would be a good name for a kitten...