Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Not dead yet

Sorry I've been slacking. As you know, I'm on OB/GYN. I love it, but part of being a med student is coming in before the residents. Guess what time I have to get up tomorrow?

3:00 a.m.

It's kind of a good thing, because it means that I have a lot of post-partum patients to round on. Which means I did a lot of deliveries and had some good OR time in the last few days. But I'm still not thrilled with the prospect of going to bed earlier than I have since I was about 9 in order to get 6 hours of sleep.

Also, I'm on overnight call Friday. On the way home, I realized that I'm on call on Solstice. Somehow it seems appropriate that it will be the longest night of the year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never were all that great at going to bed. But I think you were better at it at 9 than you were at 3. Good luck, and Happy Solstice, and see you on the day after!

Anonymous said...

I will try to send some of the sleep I log over the weekend in your direction. I plan on getting lots!